Forums Wishlist

Questions and comments
Felix

Re: Forums Wishlist

Post by Felix »

Spartan_Warrior wrote:Digging the new fancy-font forum banner. :)
Motherfucking A-TEAM font!

In 2013, a crack commando unit was sent to wage slavery by a retarded system for a crime they didn't commit. They proptly escaped from a highly-paid maximum benefit job to live underground. Today, still wanted by employers, they survive as rentiers on fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire - the ERE FORUMS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Uh...what new banner? I still see the old one. Did you change it back?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Felix wrote: In 2013, a crack commando unit was sent to wage slavery by a retarded system for a crime they didn't commit. They proptly escaped from a highly-paid maximum benefit job to live underground. Today, still wanted by employers, they survive as rentiers on fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire - the ERE FORUMS.
Hahaha! Stolen for the facebook page.

Felix

Post by Felix »

Yay, I'm famous! :D

Hottentot

Post by Hottentot »

It's ok for me right now.
I would ditch all avatars and images. But i know some people like them, so no problems for me.

secretwealth

Post by secretwealth »

So, uh...why aren't "those" and "fast" capitalized on the new banner?

JamesR

Post by JamesR »

I think this forum needs a new section for employment & education (hacking employment, getting better jobs, professional skill development).

Good for help on job advancement, payment negotiation, freelance gigs, side businesses perhaps, etc.

The new section should be placed high up on the list, perhaps right after Lifestyle Questions.

Felix

Post by Felix »

That's a great idea. I also think we should do this! It would probably speed up the path to FI for most of us.

secretwealth

Post by secretwealth »

I'm not so sure a new section would be useful--we can easily start threads on employment and education in the money questions and lifestyle questions sections.

I think most people use the "view active" and "view new posts", and since there isn't really that much content on this forum anyway, I'd say we need less sections, not more.

That being said, I think more posts on education and employment would be pretty good.

vivacious

Post by vivacious »

It was a side note I made in a thread about MOOCs. I think we could definitely use more posts about education and employment. People are focused on being done but most people here are probably still working. It's important to make that part of things helpful.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

It's likely because the jacob on the old threads don't have the same userid as the new ones I'm creating [because the id wasn't transferred during the migration].

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Thanks Bigato! Love the red links!!