Clinton Coverup Queen

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Ego

Re: Clinton Coverup Queen

Post by Ego »

ffj wrote:
@Ego
You must have watched a different debate. ;) Kaine was really ineffectual at getting Pence to take the bait on a lot of accusations. I thought most of his attacks fell really flat, he interrupted a lot, and Pence dd a good job clearly explaining his views.
I think I live in an alternate universe. I will now go back to doing what Dragline suggested.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

As I said last December, the new "silent majority" that will decide this election looks like a woman around the age of 30:
http://forum.earlyretirementextreme.com ... =20&t=6879

Am I good or what? ;-)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... emain.html

"On the flip side, however, is Amanda, 27, who asked that her last name be withheld. She’s the exact kind of voter Clinton has courted this election: a white, suburban single mom who voted for Obama in 2008, but didn’t vote in 2012, someone who is frustrated, she said, by the failings of the Affordable Care Act. But Amanda finds Clinton completely unacceptable – she’s the one who labeled her, “bitch, liar, false” – and is instead a passionate supporter of Green Party candidate Jill Stein. She said a co-worker has tried to convince her that voting for a third party candidate is throwing away her vote and helping Trump, but she is adamant, calling it a “scare tactic.”

“She’s the embodiment of fake to me,” she said of Clinton. “Even her smile, everything about her feels fake, and not genuine.”

While there are opportunities to sway millennial voters like Venne, Clinton has struggled to consolidate support from voters like Amanda, who have leaned toward the third party candidates at relatively high percentages. Though the Democratic nominee is consistently far ahead of Trump in terms of this bloc’s support, it still falls short of the degree to which millennials backed Obama in 2008 and 2012. Also, many millennials have unfavorable views of both candidates and say they are less likely to vote this year."

. . .

"The difference between Hillary Clinton getting 50 versus 55 percent of millennials in Florida could very easily be the difference between winning and losing,” Baumann said.

To narrow that gap, Clinton will likely have to further impress upon young voters the differences between a potential Trump and Clinton presidency."

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

My tinfoil hat crowd has been warning for months that there was a plan to hack/disrupt the election, which would lead to a third term for Obama while they sorted through the debris of the contested election results. I didn't think much of it since they all think Obama is the boogeyman. Now that the US has officially blamed Russia for hacking into political databases and election systems, I'm starting to wonder if it's possible the election results could end up so tainted that they prevent a smooth transfer of power. The seed has certainly been planted, not only by Russia but by people in the administration like Jeh Johnson who've said how vulnerable state election systems are (Johnson is pushing for a federal takeover of the system). Even if the systems are secure enough the doubt is building, and with the level of animosity this year, I could see whichever side loses claiming that the results are invalid.

I wasn't sure where to post this but chose Clinton's thread since she's been claiming that Trump is too cozy with Russia, so she's already set up the post-election narrative if she loses.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

jennypenny wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this but chose Clinton's thread since she's been claiming that Trump is too cozy with Russia, so she's already set up the post-election narrative if she loses.
so has Trump, with all his talk about how the elections are rigged, and "who knows what 2nd amendment supporters will do if Clinton wins" suggestions.

GandK

Post by GandK »

We all need a public and a private sausage position.

And that's this election in a nutshell, folks.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

I'm wondering if there is an audio clip of her saying "Grab him by the sausage" :lol:

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

@Ego Packers are up 17-6 at half and Aaron Rodgers has a couple nice TD passes. GB defense looks better than expected. Eli Manning is having an off night.

Market says debate is essentially a dead heat -- a really dead heat. Is it as boring as the market says?

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Dragline wrote:@Ego Packers are up 17-6 at half and Aaron Rodgers has a couple nice TD passes. GB defense looks better than expected. Eli Manning is having an off night.

Market says debate is essentially a dead heat -- a really dead heat. Is it as boring as the market says?
Tried to watch the debate twice tonight. Both times I ended up saying, "Can we go back to the Packers please?"

Ego

Post by Ego »

Dragline wrote:@Ego Packers are up 17-6 at half and Aaron Rodgers has a couple nice TD passes. GB defense looks better than expected. Eli Manning is having an off night.

Hah! I was listening to your podcast for a while but Mrs. Ego told me Trump was sniffing like a coke fiend so I started listening.

Do you really think I'd watch football?

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

I give you credit for having an open mind . . .

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

You guys are seriously watching football?

@Dragline - I thought of your observation about millennials while watching the debate. The audience members who asked questions were all middle age and above. I don't know if that was an oversight on the part of the organizers or maybe fear of accidentally putting a disgruntled Sanders supporter up there who might hammer Clinton. Who knows, but the whole show skewed too old.

Ego

Post by Ego »

ffj wrote:Also, a fly landed on her face,
See. I told you. He is the lord of the flies. They land where he commands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

Trump much better in this debate. brute would say it was very close.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

more Clinton/Podesta stuff from wikileaks ... https://twitter.com/wikileaks

I wonder if Podesta will use the sausage defense with the Clintons when they read what he said about them in private.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

Here's a fun one. What politics is probably really like, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHu ... e=youtu.be

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

I touched on this in the thread "American Politics", but it's very interesting to watch the dynamic as the Clinton campaign and US media creates its own "conspiracy theory" involving Russia in order to distract from the content of the Wikileaks emails.

WikiLeaks Deniers: The New Breed Of Conspiracy Nut (ETA Disclaimer: This is an opinion piece and I don't necessarily agree with everything including the assertion that Hamlet was boring. But there is some interesting content here.)

Glenn Greenwald on CNN discussing the leaks

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I wasn't going to work tonight's debate for various reasons including the tone of the articles I've worked on (one reporter in particular). Another reason was the lack of actual substance in the debates so far. But here I am working again lol. I'm such a sucker for politics. So anyway, here we go ...

The Clinton camp is feeling a little cocky. Their strategy of keeping Clinton under wraps and letting Trump talk himself out of the race seems to be working. (Has any modern candidate held as few campaign events as HRC? Not fundraisers, but actual stumping? I can't recall one.) Word is their strategy for the debate is the same. She's hoping to let Trump go off on his rants and monopolize the time so Wallace has less time to ask her questions about the wikileaks emails and GS speeches. When the question does come up, expect her to immediately pivot to the "Russian threat" as they are now calling it.

Trump's camp is no longer cocky and admit privately that he's behind in the polls. He is supposedly more prepared for this debate because of that. There is also a lot of discord in his inner circle. Many feel his refusal to perform basic campaign functions (forensics, debate prep) has made their jobs much harder. We'll see if tonight's performance is any better and whether it makes a difference.

Both candidates are nervous with Wallace moderating. He won't pull punches with either of them and he's pretty good at keeping people on topic. He'll make it harder for both of them to pivot away from sensitive subjects.

The general feeling is that both candidates are just looking to get this last debate over with. There are very few undecided voters left. Pollsters admit that it's likely that people who are polling as 'undecided' are probably undecided about voting in general and not the candidates. If they choose to vote, they already know which level they would pull.

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

jennypenny wrote: The Clinton camp is feeling a little cocky. Their strategy of keeping Clinton under wraps and letting Trump talk himself out of the race seems to be working. (Has any modern candidate held as few campaign events as HRC? Not fundraisers, but actual stumping? I can't recall one.)
That's the Clinton-positive spin. IMHO, the alternative interpretation is that she's avoiding any opportunity to be questioned about Wikileaks and/or the more appearances she has the more likely it is she'll be caught on camera collapsing again.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

Unless there's some egregious polling error, or the reported data is purposely distorted to misrepresent Clinton's level of support (at this point I'd have no trouble believing her cabal would do it), this one is pretty much over. Clinton and her network did a masterful job obfuscating and circumventing what should have been an insurmountable collection of issues. An old school Chicago Mayor's race played out on a national, maybe worldwide stage.

Ego

Post by Ego »

I wouldn't be so sure. Someone has got to release a video of Bill and Donald in bed with Justice Ginsberg or Oprah or Frankenstein before this mess is over.