The Last Economic Frontier for Feminism

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
7Wannabe5

The Last Economic Frontier for Feminism

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Appalling!!! Way worse than the pay gap or the rate of functional illiteracy.

http://www.alternet.org/sex-amp-relatio ... how-fix-it

enigmaT120

Re: The Last Economic Frontier for Feminism

Post by enigmaT120 »

What are women getting out of hook ups if not orgasms?

7Wannabe5

Re: The Last Economic Frontier for Feminism

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

enigmaT120 said: What are women getting out of hook ups if not orgasms?
I don't know. Maybe it's just a stupid choice made repeatedly when drunk? The article does not match my experience, so I am not sure of its veracity. Who is that terrible creature they quoted as "with hook-up her, I don't give a shit? " However, I have encountered the results of this study in a somewhat more reliable publication. The question that interests me is that there are at least three competing theories I know of regarding causation of post-coital tristesse. One theory is that females are naturally programmed to regret having sex in a context unlikely to provide them with a partner who will help provide support for possible offspring. A second theory is that females regret having sex with male who is not up to their standard genetically since females are inherently more invested in each offspring (which could,obviously, also more likely occur in a drunken and/or impulsive one-off.) The third theory is that post-coital tristesse is simply the likely biochemical/emotional state a woman will find herself in if she becomes aroused, has sex, but does not achieve orgasm. Anyways, I believe this is a matter that should be of economic (rational decision making) interest to anybody who wishes to have sex, but does not wish to have children, or any more children.