Election surprise.......

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
AlexOliver

Post by AlexOliver »

@H: I've never used Turbotax for actual taxes, but the Taxcaster feature on their website shows which benefits are from the stimulus.
@dpmorel: Ahh that makes much more sense.

Kevin M

Post by Kevin M »

@JohnnyH, but I thought they were the party of small govt? NOT. Overall, I thought the Dems did a poor job of explaining what little they have done. Not sure it would matter, but still.

jeremymday

Post by jeremymday »

There will be no new wars anytime soon... We are getting closer to negotiating some deals with Pakistan and India to help fight Al Qaeda. I think the U.S. will try to work on more export deals as we pursue a troop draw down nearly everywhere.
Repubs will be focused on tearing apart the health care bill Obama helped to put together, and will try to help balance the budget like they did back in the 90's with Newt Gingrich.
Obama will want to be seen as a president that is interested in dealing with US debt and helping improve the unemployment situation. At first I thought Obama would not see a second term but as things continue to progress I believe Obama will have a strong chance at getting re-elected.
I do not see much new legislation getting passed until 2013. At that point I think we will see one last reformed version of ObamaCare before it goes into effect in 2014.
I can see 2012 bringing about a Republican led House and Senate with Obama still in office. Until then we are going to see a lot of "posturing" as each party makes its moves for the 2012 election.
With our current political and economic state I think we will be way past 2012 before we start to see any major improvements, but I think things will turn out surprisingly well for a lot of people as we continue to weaken the dollar, increase inflation, and find ways to increase our exports to other countries.