Criminal Background Checks

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
jennypenny

Re: Criminal Background Checks

Post by jennypenny »

An update ...

I've dodged the rules for the past two years. I switched to volunteering for outdoor recess, so since I wasn't technically in the building I didn't need the background check completed. Well, the new rule for this school year is that all parents must get fingerprinted if they want to enter the building for any reason or volunteer in any way. Period.

NFW :evil:

I'm stunned parents have no problem with this. These are all GenX parents who grew up reading Orwell's 1984. I can't believe they've changed so much that they are all willing to bend over in the name of 'safety'. Not me.

cmonkey

Re: Criminal Background Checks

Post by cmonkey »

The DW went to school for education and ultimately decided to just give it up due to all the systemic problems that are escalating in our education system. She and I both agree that the prime function of public education is now to create obedient, unquestioning drones that live in fear of everything around them. If so much as a blade of grass is out of place, call an "expert/authority" that will resolve the issue. Basically "line up and shut up" mentality.

There is no way I could handle having my children in even a smaller school so we have decided to homeschool when the time comes, at least through the first half. There are several states in the midwest (Illinois/Iowa) that have very relaxed homeschooling laws. Illinois even has a law on the books preventing state child protection services from entering a home/property due to "suspiciousness" (like growing food! :o ).