Good list of inspirational travelers

Favorite quotations, etc.
wheatstate

Good list of inspirational travelers

Post by wheatstate »

http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/make-money-travel

The link above has a neat list of people who have left the 9-5 world in various ways to chase their passions of travel, adventure sport, van-dwelling, sailing....
The bloggers themselves started in an RV and now shifting to a catamaran sailboat.

The link has interviews between the bloggers and the individuals about how they made their shift to a new lifestyle, and how it works. It is good for answering the "What would you do if you didn't work" question. Also, the people are living pretty "normal" lives without the consumption or big spending.

The common thread seems to be the same ERE principles of save, spend little and do your passion.

Do others have favorite people they are following out there?
Are there other ERE threads that discuss this? I did a quick search, and didn't find it.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Good list of inspirational travelers

Post by jacob »

I don't think there's a single thread tracking travellers. However, there would be a individual threads mentioning travellers individually.

jennypenny

Re: Good list of inspirational travelers

Post by jennypenny »

There's not much info on the wiki either except for the van dwellers, and I haven't been keeping up with those entries as I should. This would be an interesting category for the wiki.