INTP

Favorite quotations, etc.
Marius

Post by Marius »

Fellow INTP's, how do you cope with procrastination?

McTrex

Post by McTrex »

Pfff, don't get me started :( I'm not sure if I'm INTP, but I do have problems with procrastination. I'm trying to combat it using the methods described in The Now Habit, from Neil Fiore and GTD.

S

Post by S »

INTP here. It is one of my worst problems. As I've aged I've gotten a little better just as a result of seeing procrastination mess things up for me so many times. I work at home so I *must* keep myself on track without much external motivation or supervision. To-do lists help. I also block all the "time waster" websites I go to while I'm supposed to be working. If I catch myself procrastinating I'll think about why doing the action is important which usually motivates me to get started. I'm still pretty bad about it, but functional.

Q

Post by Q »

I am ENTP (just took the test yesterday) and I procrastinate all the time. Even show up to work late almost all the time!
Isn't our best work done while under the gun? Why should anyone be beholden to timeframes. it'll get done when it gets done as we already know it needs to get done!
Eventually I want to work "from home" but, it would require me to travel to sites.
Things that could take 10 minutes or less I procrastinate so it isn't an issue of the effort.....

hickchick

Post by hickchick »

The best solution I've found is to hang out with xSTJ's. I find the caustic nature of their humor (regarding my apathy) to be just the kick in the pants I need to get going.

Maus

Post by Maus »

I've learned not to fight the procrastination so much. I flag things for follow-up in Outlook and then just let things stew. If no sense of urgency compels action within 2-3 weeks, I delete it. I sort of operate on the Pareto principle schema that only 20% truly requires my attention. I let circumstances dictate which 20%. It can lead to some stress and reactivity at times, but my motto in law school was "Pressure makes diamonds!"