Daft Punk Wisdom

Favorite quotations, etc.
Tyler9000

Daft Punk Wisdom

Post by Tyler9000 »

After noting how Daft Punk cleaned up at the Grammy's yesterday and admiring how they (creatively) shun personal fame, I did a bit of background reading on the duo. It sounds like they'd feel right at home here.
We've got much more control than money. You can't get everything. We live in a society where money is what people want, so they can't get the control. We chose. Control is freedom. People say we're control freaks, but control is controlling your destiny without controlling other people. We're not trying to manipulate other people, just controlling what we do ourselves. Controlling what we do is being free. People should stop thinking that an artist that controls what he does is a bad thing. A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. -- Thomas Bangalter, Daft Punk
Expand that thinking beyond artistic control of an album to personal control of one's life, and I think that describes my attitude towards money & empowerment quite well.