Adopting and raising kid rather than bi-parenting?

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
TopHatFox

Re: Adopting and raising kid rather than bi-parenting?

Post by TopHatFox »

Bob has decided that children are liabilities for him and will proceed to not have them. Or get married. ;)

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

hypothetically speaking, of course?

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Si

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Oh, I thought Bob was gay?

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

In this example, Bob is heterosexual/curious and polyamorous. He would like close friends, polyamours, and partners--and no pesky children, pets, or legality in his connections. :)

---------------------

(At this point Bob has come to represent a potential future self of mine. I've decided that I would prefer to spend my time adventuring, travelling, and generally following my own pursuits rather than lugging around a little one or even dog along for the ride. Lovers, partners, and close friends can come, though).

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Actor Tusshar Kapoor had a baby through surrogate mother to become a single father at 40 last week. Reason for having baby Laksshya out of marriage is because he cannot give time and attention to a wife due to career but still wanted to be a father.

tommytebco

Post by tommytebco »

comments:
One: you don't adopt a kid like you pick up a six pack at the corner store. There is a long drawn out procedure.
Two: Re. quality of parenting versus quailty of the product. It's amazing how variable the results are. True gems come out of seemingly terrible parent environment while real a-holes come out of perfect looking home conditions. Go figure!!!
Three: It is virtually impossible for a same sex couple to adopt in the USA, The exception being rich and famous who can afford to subcontract the nitty gritty of parenting and pay top notch lawyers to handle the details.
Four: No argument that the the series of foster homes some kids are subjected to is sub-optimum and has bad effects. Most any well meaning adoptive parents or parent would probably be better than this. But, it's not going to happen these days.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

fiby41 wrote:Actor Tusshar Kapoor had a baby through surrogate mother to become a single father at 40 last week. Reason for having baby Laksshya out of marriage is because he cannot give time and attention to a wife due to career but still wanted to be a father.
Wow, that is interesting, fiby41. How was this received in Indian media? And did he announce it himself or was he 'outed'?

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Eureka wrote: Wow, that is interesting, fiby41. How was this received in Indian media? And did he announce it himself or was he 'outed'?
He held a press conference to announce and answer questions.

Weirdest was a celebrity gossip TV chanel that showed snippets of the interview. He decided to withhold the exact date of birth for the time being, so this channel used the questions he did answer as *clues * and wishy-washy math to come up with number 19.

There was also a newspaper article where his doctor explained how surrogate parenting works, age range of his clients being late 30s and how a popular actor doing it may influence others who are considering the same, to do it.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

So when not Bob, Tusshar Kapoor is gay, I suppose?

sharansingh

Post by sharansingh »

But what about a short term relation?? Is adoption necessary for them??