Personality Test

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
mindfulmonk

Re: Personality Test

Post by mindfulmonk »

INTJ

CS

Post by CS »

INTJ

100% / 100% / 62% / 22%

I guess the first two are pretty clear cut!

vivacious

Post by vivacious »

Does anyone else think these are kind of dumb? What if you're a flexible person and try a lot of different things? I guess there still may be some patterns over time. I think a lot of the stuff depends on the situation though etc. I spose some conditioning/genetics/tendencies could be represented with these tests though.

OTCW

Post by OTCW »

INTJ

56%
38%
38%
11%

SilverElephant

Post by SilverElephant »

ISTJ
Introvert(44%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(1%) Judging(22%)

I sometimes get ISFJ, depending on the day, the questions and the planetary alignment.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

I didn't take this particular test, but I've taken the actual Myers Briggs three different times and scored ENTJ all three times. I am on the lower end of E, but still very much E.

raylit20

Post by raylit20 »

INTJ

Just another INTJ checking in. Very curious to see this particular personality type so heavily attracted to the ERE blog.

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

INTJ

Moderate, Moderate, Moderate, and Moderate

JV

Post by JV »

It's been a few months since I last took the test, but I also tested as INTJ. My I is pretty close to E (11% I), my J is heading towards P (33% J), but my N and T are pretty strong (50% and 66%, respectively).

Actually, when this thread was posted a few years back, I took the test (INTJ back then too), read about Myers-Briggs and dove into learning about it. Interesting stuff.

train_writer

Post by train_writer »

INFP (but almost ENFP)

Angelpie

Post by Angelpie »

I've been professionally tested three times and certified as a very strong INFJ. It's a hindrance a lot of the time, especially in taking care of myself, since I want to take care of others. I also have no ambition to make large amounts of money, so I literally have to force myself to earn enough to save. Sometimes, it's almost like a disability.

Ian

Post by Ian »

I wish we had a poll so we could see just how heavily-weighted this community is to INTJ. I've always been very close on the I/E scale, but I say "I" since I don't fit the stereotype of an extrovert, so I fall into the common pattern.
vivacious wrote:Does anyone else think these are kind of dumb? What if you're a flexible person and try a lot of different things?
I'd suspect that flexibility itself is a personality trait not shared by all types. However, the MBTI unquestionably has limitations and there are serious challenges to its statistical validity. Off the top of my head, I recall that a significant number of people do not consistently retest into the same personality type. Others do, but it suggests that the test only gauges certain types in a meaningful way.

qBert

Post by qBert »

INTJ

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

before45

Post by before45 »

INFJ. This month :-) One problem I have with this test is that once you know it, it's clear what letter each answer will correspond to, so it's hard for me to take it without second-guessing a lot.

Ego

Post by Ego »

ENTJ

Retiree

Post by Retiree »

Hspencer, thanx for putting this up. (Although been quite a while since you did, I see!)

INTJ, each letter in bold, as expected.

I had no idea this was so easy, so fill-form-press-button. We used to do this at work, and the H R types would sit with you and sort of take you through it ... Anyway, I was under the impression that administering these takes lots of expertise. Apparently not.

Is there *anyone* here who hasn't done this?

I haven't counted (INTJ but not OCD -- I hope) : I guess 60% INTJ here?

Does anyone know, do these things change with time? (Mine hasn't.)

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Mine has changed from a strong INTJ to a middling ENFJ over the course of a few decades. Part life experiences, part conscious effort I would guess.

I wonder if there was ever a person who was right in the middle of everything and what they would be like. (I'm a little overly obsessed with balance, though.)

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

> Does anyone know, do these things change with time?

They can. It's usually called growth.

Retiree

Post by Retiree »

Dragline : that seems remarkable, an about-turn on two of four variables. No idea myself if that's usual, of course.

I can understand that personality can change. But would conscious choice be allowed? Isn't that gaming? I mean, I know I'm I, and proudly so. But my job called for some serious network-partying, and I'd do it comfortably enough, but only because I had to, and for short spaces. And now I avoid those things like poison. So in answering, I took the questions to mean, what would you rather do, given full free choice?

Can introversion really change to extroversion? I'm fully comfortable amongst people, but my preference is to be with a few friends, or even solitude. Can that ever change?

(i don't know much about the mechanics of these things. Just wondering.)

George, I'm not sure I agree. A change in the letters means this : change in personality. No more and no less.

But perhaps I think that because my letters *haven't* changed? :-)

Retiree

Post by Retiree »

Dragline, that middle-of-everything person sounds intriguing. Your words conjure up the picture of a squarish, bewildered-looking person standing bang in the centre of a very large room! What letters would he get, then, per MBTI? None?