ERE as the 1%

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

@expatERE--Your t-shirt should say "recovering INTj--please don't hug me" ;)

sshawnn

Post by sshawnn »

INTJ is not a problem listed on the DSM-IV. (yet.... (I'm sure if this tiny faction would just assimilate and stop asking so many damn questions and quit asking others to be responsible for their actions it would be much easier to get on with this consumerism schtick(sarcasm)))
Take that t shirt off and commune!!! (just stay in your corner)

;-)

Chris L

Post by Chris L »

ExpatERE I've been thinking this for a while. My own experiments show great resistance to education to ERE by anyone not naturally attuned to it. You're either one of us, or you're not. It's totally a personality thing.
Unless you want to be an ERE who actively takes care of the middle class through hand-outs, they continue to be slaves to their world.
I think middle class was an accident brought about by abundant energy (oil). Now that we see scarcer resources, we see that the middle class gets to enjoy less of the abundance. So yeah, we'll go back to an upper vs. lower class over time.

akratic

Post by akratic »

@themoneymonk,
I think ERE is easier for introverts, but any type could pursue ERE. The reason I think it would be easier for introverts is, in general, introvert activities are very cheap, whereas extrovert activities can be very expensive.
All of the best introvert activities are free pretty much: books, the internet, movies at home ($1), 1-on-1 conversations, small group games, etc.
Whereas extrovert activities can get quite pricey: bars, sporting events, concerts, going out to dinner, etc.
For example, my ideal Saturday night is spent at home with my laptop, or a book, or my girlfriend. Whereas the ideal Saturday night for my brother the extrovert would involve a few bars, a bunch of friends, a bunch of strangers, drinks for everyone, and everyone having a good time. His ideal night costs over $100 and mine is free.
I just think an extrovert has to make more sacrifices to get his expenses super low than an introvert would have to. There's no reason it couldn't be done though!