ebike

Live local, get around without breaking the bank
os2626

Post by os2626 »

Thinking about getting an ebike with a bit of cargo space at the back. Anyone gone this route with transportation?

OTCW

Post by OTCW »

I haven't, but I have read where ebike quality varies wildly by manufacturer, so do plenty of research before purchasing.
Right now I am fortunate enough to be healthy enough to not need electric assist for my bike. If I ever do need it, I may look into a conversion kit because I really like the bike I have already.

os2626

Post by os2626 »

just interested in it as an option between bike and moped. kind of a best of both worlds scenario - no licensing, can ride where bikes or mopeds can go with a little boost when doing a longer distance

BPA

Post by BPA »

I had one and it was great for me when I was being treated for cancer because my stamina was terrible. As OCTW says, quality varies widely, and I had real trouble getting parts for mine when it broke down.
Fortunately, once my health improved, I was back to cycling using my own power, so I haven't missed the ebike so much.
I hope to stay strong and healthy for a long as possible, but would buy an ebike again if necessary. I just wouldn't buy the one I did before.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

There are several good electric bike threads scattered around the forums. The question comes up every few months.