Comfort flying economy class?

Live local, get around without breaking the bank
aussierogue

Post by aussierogue »

@Avni
a doona lol is what some call a duvet? i dunno...its the thing like a blanket... i wish i knew what the rest of the world called what we ozzies call a doona..

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

It sounds like most of your complaints are of a "the world is not built to my specifications" variety. As a left hander, I can somewhat understand. But the public has spoken with their wallets... the vast majority of people would probably not pay a single extra dollar (when comparing flights on Expedia) to reward an airline that provided pillows, footrests, etc. In fact, I probably wouldn't either. The economy of scale just isn't there to provide custom environments for people outside of physiological norms (not at rock bottom prices) -- hey, at least you don't have to buy two seats like the obese.

tac

Post by tac »

I second the suggestion to do the train instead, if you have the time. For short distances, it's often not much longer, since you don't have to arrive the suggested 1-2 hours early. It's sometimes also easier to get a direct train trip than a direct flight!
If I must fly, I pack a trashy novel, a bag of baby carrots, hummus, and a huge bottle to fill with water once I get past security, all of which makes it infinitely more bearable.