Let's find Z a nice room to live in? #motivationthread

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
Scott 2

Re: Let's find Z a nice room to live in? #motivationthread

Post by Scott 2 »

IMO something like living in an RV is to try once established in the job. Your financial upside at work is dramatically higher than the dollars you can save on housing. Start from a position of strength.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Okay, I'm leaning to sticking to a room share 2-3 mi from work for now and biking. Rv-ing or Van living can come later if it does.

I agree that the majority of my savings will come from upside at the job, and vehicle living has the potential to jeopardize that stream.

rfgh

Post by rfgh »

The trailer parks I've found are for mobile homes not travel trailers.

TheRedHare

Post by TheRedHare »

I can imagine finding a place within the 500 mark would be really difficult, especially in your area.
I somehow managed to rent a house and then sublease all the rooms out, thus making my rent $50 a month. Of course, everything is on me when it comes to bills and such. Idk if you might be able to find a deal like that, but it's worth a shot.

James_0011

Post by James_0011 »

This might be something to try: http://needwant.com/p/rented-apartments ... nb-profit/

Basically this guy just gets an apartment bigger than what he needs and rents out the other room through Airbnb.

ether

Post by ether »

With cars/vans/TT you're not going to save much compared to renting a room. They only make sense when you can park with a friend or own some land. My vote is get a month to month room rental. If you don't like it move! If you live near a uni there are tons of desperate kids that need a room filled since their BFF dropped out and the landlord is holding their feet to the fire. Normally you can find these postings in "University of Zalo Roomates" on facebook. At the end of the day it's cheaper to have roomates in a decent home than live alone in car/temp structure. Plus roomates will either make you less lonely.