Consumers Energy - Free LED Bulbs

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
workathome

Consumers Energy - Free LED Bulbs

Post by workathome »

I don't know if other energy companies do this, but in Michigan, Consumer's Energy is giving away $25 in free light bulbs right now, plus you can earn gift cards etc. I just stumble upon it last night, and I was so excited, lol.

For whatever reason, it doesn't look too widely advertised.

Here is the registration page:

https://consumersenergy.promo.eprize.com/sec15/

Under "activities" you just select "Free DIY Kit" which is actually your choice of free LED lightbulbs.

Ego

Re: Consumers Energy - Free LED Bulbs

Post by Ego »

Before we took over management of our previous property, our local utility offered to replace all of the interior lights in the hallways. The fixtures used super efficient fluorescent bulbs with detachable ballasts. The bulbs had an extremely long life and were pretty cheap, so it seemed to be a good deal. The ballasts, on the other hand, cost a small fortune and are made only by the company that donated the lights. In three years I probably burned through $700 in ballasts.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I got some free bulbs (and another, unneeded low flow shower head) from Pacific Power. I like them, especially at that price.

Forskaren

Post by Forskaren »

Still, is it really free? You are paying for it through the bills.

I would put in the same category as if you called them and got a $50 discount for not switching supplier.

Re Ego: "Free" often seem to be used as a trap to get you paying more in the end. In two free to play PC- games I spent about $400 on each.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I was paying for them whether I got them or not.