Previous tenant cleanout: the experience

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
TopHatFox

Previous tenant cleanout: the experience

Post by TopHatFox »

Previous tenants (multiple generations) left about an avalanche of stuff from all categories: plates, cups, pots, pans, plastic toys, holiday decorations, medicine, expired food, wrappers, boxes, unidentifiable stuff written in different languages, empty bottles of liquor, shoes, clothing, late bills, credit card applications, other junk mail, shampoo bottles, conditioner bottles, face lotion, soap, CAR TIRES, and so much more stuff I never wanted to begin with.

It's been about a month sifting through all the stuff. I'm just about to give up trying to find a home for the hardest stuff to give away or sell--mostly unidentifiable meds written in Chinese, all the commercial and carcinogenic bathroom stuff (I don't want to give poison away), and random odds and ends. Is the trash bag method employable at this point? :P
Last edited by TopHatFox on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

theanimal

Re: Previous tenant cleanout: the experience

Post by theanimal »

Geez...your landlord doesn't clean out the place between tenants?

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

If you are willing to go the extra mile in order to not contaminate the environment, you can ask your local pharmacist to dispose of the medications for you.

For the other stuff - if it's not recyclable or donation-worthy, then I agree that the best thing to do is trash it.

Ydobon

Post by Ydobon »

Tommy makes a very valid point - I had no idea the sorts of drugs and chemicals that could be found in grey/black water from domestic sources. Some research into green houses/reed beds etc. scared the crap out of me! (pun intended) :D