Living almost entirely in a Disney park

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

"Every year I buy a new pair of Chuck Taylor’s. It’s the first sign of spring. I prefer a 7 1/2, but not all stores carry half sizes. (“You could get them online,” the clerk usually says. To the customer. With money in his hand. Standing In the store. It’s an odd world.) Since the eights stretch and get too loose, I shift down to size sevens and spend a few weeks wincing as I train them. This year I bought three different pairs, in different styles. (The extent of my annual shoe expenditure is about $160.) All three pinched my soles in different places. I didn’t stretch any of them out sufficiently, and I would even switch to last year’s pair for comfort.  And so I came to pass that I stood in my closet at 4:55 AM, wondering which pair of shoes would be less painful."
So every year this guy heads to the store, knowing full well that they probably won't have his size. Every year he buys the wrong size despite being able to get the right size online. And every year his feet hurt.
Dude should get some different shoes.