A simple life

Your favorite books and links
Did

A simple life

Post by Did »

slsdly

Re: A simple life

Post by slsdly »

I'd also add less travelling and only essential flying, although very few people seem to agree with me on that. For me, it's in my top ten.
Why hello there friend.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Cool site. I like "Make your home the kind of place you want to spend time in." I'm working on this.

@Did -- How's the arm?

Did

Post by Did »

@jp I always suspected you were a kind soul. First 48 hours were hell. Pain, no sleep, shock. Then I ate more painkillers and kept taking them, keeping in mind recommended maximums. That really helped. Within a few more days the swelling had reduced, but I was hugely exhausted and spent most days in bed. I'm one week in today, and am much more used to being one armed (alas the break is in my stronger arm). I'm still tired, but the pain is manageable - low even, and I'm chewing fewer tablets. In a week I visit the Fracture Clinic to see how me old bones are coming along.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Did wrote:@jp I always suspected you were a kind soul.
It's only a rumor. Besides, I'm only buttering you up so I have a place to stay if I ever visit Ireland. ;)

They always say the bone heals stronger after a break. Small consolation at the moment, I'm sure.

Did

Post by Did »

It was all going grand until I tried to set a large rat trap.

How could this possibly go wrong, I joked with my wife.

Inevitably, it went off with a snap. I jerked back, and my arm, which had finally settled down, recommended its weary throbbing.

You couldn't script it !