Tile: A Cool Thing to Avoid Losing Other Things

Your favorite books and links
TopHatFox

Tile: A Cool Thing to Avoid Losing Other Things

Post by TopHatFox »

https://www.thetileapp.com/

I found a person's wallet and noticed a little square shaped electric piece in it--turns out it's a 100 ft bluetooth tracker with a community. What a cool idea! I can imagine strapping one in my bike's inner tubes already; or in the sowing of my wallet & innards of my laptop. :D

I probably won't buy one for myself, but If there's ever a gift swap....Am I giving away the millennial tendency to like shiny tech things?

BRUTE

Re: Tile: A Cool Thing to Avoid Losing Other Things

Post by BRUTE »

yes

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

You're not going to get that in an inner tube. But I'm trying to think of a place to put it.... it looks too big to just drop down the seat post, too.

I don't really think it would help much to find your bike if stolen, would it? Unless it activates the thieves smart phone's bluetooth, and they have their gps on?

I'm a Gen-Xer (or a boomer, depends on whom you ask) and don't care about shiny new tech things.

SimpleLife

Post by SimpleLife »

I'm experimenting with TrackR, which is the same thing really, and am trying to see how often someones phone locates it. Not something I'd bet the farm on...

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

Zalo wrote:I found a person's wallet and noticed a little square shaped electric piece in it--turns out it's a 100 ft bluetooth tracker with a community.
I agree that it's a cool idea, but discovering the expensive electronic tracker on a LOST wallet is not exactly a ringing endorsement! ;)

stoneage

Post by stoneage »

Tyler9000 wrote:
Zalo wrote:I found a person's wallet and noticed a little square shaped electric piece in it--turns out it's a 100 ft bluetooth tracker with a community.
I agree that it's a cool idea, but discovering the expensive electronic tracker on a LOST wallet is not exactly a ringing endorsement! ;)
My thougths exactly...