Your favorite social media follows?

Your favorite books and links
DSKla

Your favorite social media follows?

Post by DSKla »

My Facebook feed is turning into a bit of a shit-show with this election season, and it's making me appreciate the handful of good friends/people I follow who post the stuff that makes me hold off on deactivating my account.

Who are your top three or so public figures or pages to follow on Facebook? (Feel free to include other social media outlets, that's just the only one I use.) I am looking for people who consistently generate (but don't inundate with) thoughtful, interesting, entertaining content and dredge up links to great articles I wouldn't have found on my own. NOT looking for memes or comedians, though a sense of humor is always appreciated.

My offerings:

Mike Rowe - Always thoughtful, always funny. He has the ability to write about what seems at the beginning like something trivial and turn it into something beautiful and honest (and often hilarious).

Robb Wolf (personal page) - My go-to guy for nutrition/fitness stuff. He always posts great articles about everything from science to sustainable agriculture to politics and a lot of things in between. His personal page is where he pisses off a lot of people but also where the interesting stuff is.

Nassim Taleb - Everything from great aphorisms to mathematical papers taking down GMOs. If you like his books, you'll like his page. If you found him arrogant or offensive in his books, you will want to skip this one because he's even worse here (or better, depending on your disposition).

Whatcha got for me?