Aging slower and FI

Your favorite books and links
GandK

Re: Aging slower and FI

Post by GandK »

OK, y'all... I really think we need to distinguish between physical and psychological disengagement before continuing. To me, the article was saying we need to avoid the latter, not necessarily the former. And I don't think introversion* is a disadvantage at all if the goal is a state of flow rather than conversational engagement with others. It ought to be a plus.

*Defined here as an experience of psychological fatigue after prolonged periods of interaction, combined with an aversion to surface-level discourse.

Did

Post by Did »

@jennypenny yes pretty much we arrived in November 14. geeze time flies doesn't it. that's part of my thinking for waiting out the 3 years for citizenship. it just goes so quickly. my only concern with that is that I might be considered of poor character as I don't have a job....

SilverElephant

Post by SilverElephant »

My dad had just turned 60 when I was born, and 62 when my sister was born. I'm convinced that, his good genes notwithstanding, having to deal with two kids, then two teenagers, kept him very fresh through the years. Only since last year, after my sister moved out for good, now that's he's alone somewhat more often, that I'm noticing a slight degrading of... activity, perhaps? Though at 88, it's to be expected. But then, that brings us back to the link in the OP...

Though my father was never FI, but he truly loved his job. Though he was always in charge and never had anyone tell him what to do, so it wasn't the traditional treadmill anyway...

RD

Post by RD »

FBeyer, thats really good advice. I would take that and use it to manage my social(?) expectations and hope to come out better off.
Reading what JP wrote and your addon made me realise I have some unreasonable/irrational expectations out of social interactions. Energy sapping* notwithstanding.

Fulfilling one solid need at a time, any more than one are bonuses and to be appreciated.

* : High Introvertedness.