Book Club? Anyone? Bueller?

Your favorite books and links
Dragline

Re: Book Club? Anyone? Bueller?

Post by Dragline »

Boo-yah -- right in my wheelhouse. Its a great book and should spark great conversation! Stuff to agree with and stuff to disagree with.

C40

Post by C40 »

Ok, I'm in. I got an audio version.

leeholsen

Post by leeholsen »

theanimal wrote:I'm going to take over the throne again since there appears to be a power vacuum. I order all forum members to read, The Lessons of History by Will Durant, or suffer the consequences.

Lentil Lovers, Ye Been Warned.

http://www.amazon.com/Lessons-History-W ... 143914995X

Audiobook availble on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJRIdmVHRE

Note that this is a short book. A little over 100 pages if I remember correctly. I'll circle back and create a new thread in a little over a couple weeks.
thanks for this, its on my list.

and so is the history of civilization, although at ove 9,000 pages i will likely not attempt until retirement.

if anyone is looking for books to read, i can recommend some; having read 54 books last year and 24 so far this year.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Everyone ready? I'll have a post up by the end of the weekend.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

theanimal wrote:I'm going to take over the throne again since there appears to be a power vacuum. I order all forum members to read, The Lessons of History by Will Durant, or suffer the consequences.
leeholsen wrote: and so is the history of civilization, although at ove 9,000 pages i will likely not attempt until retirement.
I only liked Will Durant's Story of Philosophy tbh.