Greetings!

Say hello!!
Jack

Greetings!

Post by Jack »

I'm probably one of the youngest here. After reading ERE I've decided to pursue a military career and be smart in order to retire early.

wolf

Re: Greetings!

Post by wolf »

Hi Jack. Welcome here!

I'm interested. How old are you? I haven't found your age in your other posts.

Is your personality compatible with the life&work in a military career (discipline, routine, dependencies, ...)

What your your ERE goals?

Crete

Re: Greetings!

Post by Crete »

Jack,

I would be quite interested to know your age, or a range, as well. Do you know what job you might want to do in the military? Looking at the FFL thread, it looks like you want a combat job. If you are in the United States, I would recommend the U.S. military. Better equipment, better pay and benefits, etc, would make it a good thing to at least consider. Additionally, the U.S. military can and does pay for your college. There is less risk, less barriers to entry, better pay, more benefits (including educational) than the FFL, and more widely distributed information on the subject.

Some of my friends are in the military now as enlisted and some are going to be officers, doing ROTC in college, which can pay your tuition with their scholarships. If you're in high school as I suspect, I think there are some great programs available right out of high school, and now would be the time to start looking in to ROTC to become an officer and enlisting. If you want to know more just pm me and I can research and ask my friends (I looked in to it for a time, too); it would be my pleasure.

Read RiggerJack's comments on the FFL thread, as I believe he was in the military at one point.

Good luck man.