Hi, folx...ER10years_throwaway here

Say hello!!
EarlyRetirementDude

Hi, folx...ER10years_throwaway here

Post by EarlyRetirementDude »

Good to see you, good to see you. A friend suggested I should register and check the place out.

Maybe you've met me from my mod work at http://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence…and maybe you haven't, but if you haven't, I retired going on twelve years ago, when I was thirty-six. For more or less a decade I was inactive in the financial independence/early retirement community, but now I'm getting back into it.

I reached FI in a major northeastern US city and bailed out to the southeast in order to take advantage of the cheaper cost of living and fine scenery and the clean air. Good place to live. Early retirement has good to us--highs and lows, of course--but on the whole it's been what we hoped it'd be.

I'm likely just to lurk here, but I thought I'd at least say hello. Keep it up, everybody.

Yer pal...

FBeyer

Re: Hi, folx...ER10years_throwaway here

Post by FBeyer »

EarlyRetirementDude wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 pm
...I'm likely just to lurk here...
Curious. Why do you not expect to engage in forum discussions?

Can't say I've visited reddit much though. Generally I find talks on financial independence away from this forum not... well... extreme enough :lol:

EarlyRetirementDude

Post by EarlyRetirementDude »

FBeyer wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:34 am
Curious. Why do you not expect to engage in forum discussions?
Hey, man…nice to meet you.

I'm writing and modding on that Reddit forum for at least an hour a day, more like two, and between that and blogging and the usual personal stuff, I'm swamped with social media. There are at least three other forums I wish I could participate in as much as I do at Reddit, but so it goes.

Why do you say "extreme enough?" That's intriguing.

Did

Post by Did »

re extreme enough - I get depressed in most other forums as they tend to have seven zeros on their numbers.....