Hello ERE, I'm classical_Liberal

Say hello!!
classical_Liberal

Hello ERE, I'm classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm an ENTJ male currently in the Midwest, USA. I am 40 years old, single no kids. Presently I am a nurse, although I have had a half dozen other careers/jobs though my life.

I had been living a frugal/minimalistic lifestyle (in comparison to a normal consumer unit) for nearly eight years, without trying to make or save extra money. Suddenly, I started earning more of it again (yes there is a story) and I wasn't sure what to do. Eventually, my restlessness and disquiet with yet another corporate career began rear its ugly head. This lead to my initial contact with the FI community through the MMM blog and forum, this lead me to Jacob's book.

I am attracted to the ERE community as the Web of Goals/Renaissance Man framework is much more attractive to me than simple optimization, perhaps I'm moving up the FI wheaton scale? More likely, I have always prefered large, open ended ideas over minute details or refining of existing plans. I had read this forum for nearly a year before beginning to make comments. The intellect and ingenuity of you all is intimidating. At this point, I feel I may have some to offer, but more so, I am delving into the realm of known unknowns and have many questions to ask.

Eventually, I will attempt to start a journal. The journals here have made me feel like I know many of you personally and have provided me a significant amount entertainment, knowledge, and motivation. Since I'm a unique snowflake :roll: , perhaps my story will resonate with some as well. I will edit and post a link once my first entry has been made. Thanks for reading.

Fish

Re: Hello ERE, I'm classical_Liberal

Post by Fish » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your posts. You gave great reasons for nursing as an ERE-compatible career and in this post hinted at a very interesting backstory that I'm looking forward to read. So, please don't mistake the silence for a lack of interest. ;)

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Welcome!

I've always enjoyed your MMM contributions, and am excited to see you posting more here. I'm confident you'll fit right in.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:54 pm

@ Fish & Tyler9000. Thank you for the kind words, both of you are contributors to this forum that I hold in very high esteem.