Living in Germany and trying to achieve FIRE in the year 2024

Say hello!!
wolf

Re: Living in Germany and trying to achieve FIRE in the year 2024

Post by wolf »

Poor Daniel wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 am
I've been travelling a lot (around 25 countries) throughout my life and lived abroad for a while- but since I'm hooked on FI, I cut back, although I find that sometimes not too easy because it sems to me that travelling is the holy grale of social capital in my age cohort ;)
What is a great compromise I think is going abroad for long periods of time and working there- and reading books in the meantime
I made similiar experiences. Travelled also a lot, but since I think about FIRE it changed. Also due to Jacob who wrote about travelling. Well, I must say it changed me for the better, because I don't think travelling is not that much rewarding if I see the price for it.

What I also can think of are longer periods of time abroad. I gotta check out how I can integrate this into my life.

Where have you lived abroad, Poor Daniel? What experiences have you made?

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Do you recommend any blog about FIRE/frugality in Germany?
Or could you provide some info about your country?
I will be heading to it in next 3-6 months with mech-eng diploma.
Thanks for any advice in advance.

wolf

Post by wolf »

There are many blogs in Germany about personal finance and FI. If google for "finanzielle Unabhängigkeit blog" or "finanzielle Freiheit blog" you will find many.
Well, but I can't recommend anyone specifically because I don't read them anymore. It is mostly all the same, the basics.
I don't know any specific blog about frugality. Again, if you google for "Sparsamkeit blog" or "Geld sparen blog" you will find some about frugality.
Well, of course I could some info about my country. There is a ton to provide and talk about.
On the whole I like my country and if you believe the internet with the statistics e.g. numbeo it is also a good place to live. That I can assure. Germany is a country with high quality of life and currently the job market is pretty good. It should be not to difficult for you with a mech-eng diploma to find some work.
Hope I have helped you a bit.

whatlifecouldbe

Post by whatlifecouldbe »

Stahlmann wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:07 pm
Do you recommend any blog about FIRE/frugality in Germany?
Or could you provide some info about your country?
Hey! We lived in Germany for 12 years and reahced FI a coupel of years ago with Real Estate and online businesses. We write about some tax issues and generally life in Germany in english on our blog: http://whatlifecouldbe.eu
I hope you can find some useful information over there.
Cheers
Mr W