Hello from the wife!

Say hello!!
sl-owl-orris

Hello from the wife!

Post by sl-owl-orris »

Hi everyone!

I'm married to another forum user. I have to admit that I didn't read the book and I only read forums from time to time, when there are topics that interest me personally. My husband is the ERE person in our family and I'm just a follower. So, I agree with the principles and I love our new lifestyle and everything it entails, however I'm not the driving force behind all the change - my husband is.

I actually just created this account so that I can respond to Jacob's post, but I've been thinking to quit being a silent reader for a while. One of the biggest changes in our new lifestyle is the fact that I have even less common with the other people I know. Now, I'd rather have very few but good friends, but as you all probably know, ERE lifestyle doesn't exactly drive people in. So, other than with my husband, I don't actually have a place where I can fully express myself, without hiding who I am.

saving-10-years

Re: Hello from the wife!

Post by saving-10-years »

Welcome to another female from the UK. I really empathise with the finding content in economising and taking control of the finance side a bit more. Also with being out of synch with peers. Even though we are ER rather than ERE this happens. Do have a go at reading the book, or at least the 21 day makeover on the blog. The different parts of Jacob's ERE philosophy support each other.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Welcome! I am a firm believer that this forum benefits significantly when more women participate.

Otherwise, it sometimes devolves into endless rounds of "man-splaining".

Re-reading some of my own posts reminds me that they are sometimes Cliff Claven-esque (that's the postman character on the old sitcom "Cheers" for you younger folk). He would often begin with "Back in ancient Mesopotamia . . ." And then say something that was not quite as enlightening as he thought it was, and maybe was not quite accurate either.

GandK

Post by GandK »

Welcome! :D

Did

Post by Did »

You are very welcome. You have a supportive peer group here who get you now.