Eureka in Copenhagen

Say hello!!
Eureka

Eureka in Copenhagen

Post by Eureka »

Hello everyone, especially Jacob,

I am brand new to the concept of financial independence for ordinary people through passive income from investments. But - wow - am I excited about the perspectives!

I stumbled upon the online version of the article about Jacob from Berlingske Tidende 3-4 weeks ago; I knew instantly that I would apply his approach to my life.

What a revelation!

Looking forward to being part of all this,

Eureka
(named after that instant moment I first learned about ERE)

Edit: deleted some personal details.
Last edited by Eureka on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FBeyer

Re: Eureka in Copenhagen

Post by FBeyer »

Welcome. There has been quite an influx of Danes since the article, so if people actually stick with it, there should be 'critical mass' of Copenhagen-based EREs in case people need to/want to meet and swap stuff, stories, tax tricks and frugal recipes.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Thanks. Yes, I see a lot of hellos from Denmark when I skim the 'Introduce yourself' list. It could be fun to meet some of them irl, so I like your idea and think we should try to arrange a meetup in Copenhagen.

BadHorse

Post by BadHorse »

Welcome Eureka!
I'm also one of the new Danes here, with a lot to learn about investment and ERE. Your previous "intermittent retirement" lifestyle sounds cool too, I'd love to hear more on how you did that (high-paying jobs or just low expenses?).
A meet-up could be fun, I'd be up for that too.

cbroenning

Post by cbroenning »

Welcome!

Same way I joined - and have been crunching numbes and eliminating expenses non-stop since. I love it!

Definitely up for meeting up and share experiences and tips. Would love to swap stuff and frugal recipes. Since tax law is both my bread and butter and my biggest life interest (with constitutional law as a close runner-up), discussing tax law would simply be fantastic.

/C

cbroenning

Post by cbroenning »

Perhaps share som excel-sheets as well! Would love to see your numbers

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

So cool with greetings from more people in Denmark! I am really excited about this and since the idea about a meetup in Copenhagen popped up here in my thread, I'll do my part to make it happen.

@BadHorse, I have done so many different things over the years and don't have one set model for how I managed to escape the treadmill for long stretches of time. One thing is though that I often had some kind of little money coming in during periods w/o employment from things that did not feel like work and which I would have done anyway, such as making a homepage for a friend's company. This combined with low costs of living (and ok high salary when I work for real) have made it possible, I guess.

@cbroenning, I am so new to this that I do not even have 'my numbers' figures out yet.

Edit: deleted some personal details
Last edited by Eureka on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Another person in her 50s -- yay, for us "not-so-early and maybe not quite extreme" folks and welcome!

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Thank you @Dragline, I am so new here that I do not even know who else is around, but I suppose most are young? Thus, good to know you are here too.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

The median age is ~30-35 ... but the range is 17-80+.