Hi from Denmark

Say hello!!
supersune

Hi from Denmark

Post by supersune »

Hi everyone,

My name is Sune and I am from and live in Denmark. I am 29 turning 30 late may this year. I finished my Masters Degree in IT (Information Studies) last august and started working as a business consultant(don't mind the title, it doesn't say anything about what I do) for the university of Aarhus. Here I work on a project digitizing all of the exams, so in essence how to implement a digital exam platform across the University.

I lived quite frugally during my studies, so I was able to save a bit of money, about 25.000 DKK, and I have a little student debt as well, about 30.000.

Since I started working full time I have been able to, so far, invest about 85.000. It took me a little while to get started, as I spend A LOT of hours figuring out strategies and tax laws when investing in Denmark. Most online material is concerned with the US, so somewhat understanding what and how to do things in Denmark took me a while. I am by no means done learning about investing, as I believe this proces will never finish, but I feel I have decent enough understanding that I feel comfortable investing and also discussing the topic. I hope very much to be able to find inspiration and possibly also give some through the forums.

Having only recently started working full time, retirement is quite a long way from where I stand now. However learning more and optimizing my way to get there is inspiring me and making the journey less annoying(possibly even interesting).

I currently live with my girlfriend and we split house rent as well as groceries. She is a student and a bit younger than I am(she is 22).

I could probably go on and on but I will stop here and when I have time I will make an entry in ERE journals.

Great to notice so many likeminded people. Have a good day and a great weekend!

FBeyer

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by FBeyer »

Hej Sune!

We're busy discussing investments in Denmark in another recent newcomer-from-DK thread. I'm certain people are just as happy to see you as the other guy, even if traffic here is lower :D

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Hi supersune!

Nice to read your introduction. Could you tell a bit more about how you invest comfortably in Denmark? I am so new to this I do not even know where to start.

If you have the time, there is a meetup in Copenhagen 28 August.

All the best,

Eureka

supersune

Post by supersune »

I have started a site about my journey towards FI in Denmark: www.frinans.dk (in danish)

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Thanks for the link. I am looking forward to following your posts.