Hello 4m YOrkshire UK

Say hello!!
Goku

Hello 4m YOrkshire UK

Post by Goku »

Hi,

I have been peeking at this web site for about 2 years now.

Just want to say hi and wondered if their are any people from the UK and how their road to early extreme retirement is going.

im 27 living in Yorkshire area and trying to figure out how I can get out of this cycle of 9 - 5 work. I dont trust banks or anything to do with investing in shares or banks.

i would be grateful if people can share some ideas on how they plan to retire early and live a good life..

thank you

goku

ps is their any way to get updates on mobile if people msg back /app

George the original one

Re: Hello 4m YOrkshire UK

Post by George the original one »

Goku wrote:im 27 living in Yorkshire area and trying to figure out how I can get out of this cycle of 9 - 5 work. I dont trust banks or anything to do with investing in shares or banks.
If you don't have some level of trust, then you are limiting your options. What comes to mind as still being possible:
a) Keep your expenses bare bones so a part-time job is adequate for covering expenses, then learn a trade/service and go into business for yourself so you can set your own hours in the remainder of your time.
b) Real estate, the hard way, with cash, since you won't trust banks to lend you money.
c) Go on the dole.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Hi, there's a few UK'ers on the forum. Its difficult to achieve financial security without some degree of trust in financial institutions.

You might want to consider starting a small business if you want more flexibility. Something unglamorous, like car valeting, with relatively low start up costs might be worth considering.

Fiddle

Post by Fiddle »

Hi Goku,

For my ERE journey - I saved some money while grinding out the 9-5 and bought a house in cash, that happens to be near Yorkshire. I would say that has been a big step towards freeing myself from the 9-5 chains.

Depending on where you are willing to live in Yorkshire and your salary buying a house in cash may be quite attainable.

As for living a good life, that is a work in progress!

Goku

Post by Goku »

hi

thank you for the replys.....

well atm I have over 10 grand saved up....an wanting to buy a not so expensive house , something in region of 50 - 70 grand ...

atm me an my partner stay in shared accommodation and live on one wage while saving the other so around 1400 each month is saved.

we dont have expensive life style , just way we are....

our plan is to buy a house ...pay it off in 2 -3 years ......do abit of travel when we can .....buy some cheap land in africa and euroup and then hopefully

we should be on at least 25K each a year and should be able to save up 100k with in 4 years to buy a bungalow to retire in ......

only reason we want land , is for our unborn kids ....leave them something and first house we brought

all this should be before i turn 37 an my partner 34.....well its a goal we are working towards and dont think we would have it if we didnt come across this website and this way of thinking .....no way am i working 9-5 mon - friday til im 65 which is average age to die in my family....

hhhhmmmm i think i will start a journal to share my experience and development

please share your ideas n thoughts :D :D :D :D

vexed87

Post by vexed87 »

ERE works especially well for us Yorkshiremen... you probably know the old proverb that goes 'a Yorkshireman is like a Scotsman with all the generosity squeezed out.' ;)

Bodes well for saving up large sums relatively quickly. :)

Definitely start a journal and check mine out too if you're interested in seeing how my first year went.

Goku

Post by Goku »

haha only been in yorkshire about 9 years, originally down south ..but i must say up north is better ..more friend...

can you please send me a link to your journal so i can have a read .......

cheers