ERE mode - hard

Say hello!!
Bankai

ERE mode - hard

Post by Bankai »

Hello!

I've been reading the forum for a while but I only decided to post now.

Few facts about me: spent first 25 years of my life in Poland, after finishing Uni (history) emigrated to UK 8 years ago, currently working in entry level job in a big corporation. Married, no kids, 33 years old. Usually scoring as INTj.

I started posting because I'm looking for like minded people since there is so few of them around.

I also want to start journal and keep myself accountable.

SimpleLife

Re: ERE mode - hard

Post by SimpleLife »

Welcome! Another INTJ. Is it that we are more intelligent, thus more affected by corporate BS? They say ignorance is bliss, so I wonder if we are at the other end of that, while our colleagues are just ingnorant of what's going on around them.

Bankai

Re: ERE mode - hard

Post by Bankai »

Thank you.

I think it's more a matter of being (more) conscious than more intelligent. I work with plenty of smart people but they seem to never stop and think about their situation/life/goals etc.

I, with my obsession of analyzing and optimizing almost everything, find it disturbing how short their time horizon is; other than planning for next weekend everyone else seems to just live from day to day. I prefer to plan for a year (or 10) in advance rather than a day or a week. Everyone else seems to have it reversed.