New from the Netherlands

Say hello!!
Xan1979

New from the Netherlands

Post by Xan1979 »

Hello all,

I'm new here on the forums, 35 years old and living in the Netherlands. I have always felt working for someone else is not the way to go until 67, however, I never found a way to avoid it. Lately I notice that there are people able to retire early and I'm investigating my possibilities.

I live together with my wife and we have a little girl that is 9 months old. We bought a house (mortgage 250.000 Euro) and we both work 4 days a week. Financial situation seems not the best for ERE, but the 4 day work week sure is great.. :)

I have some questions already, but I'll ask them in the right forums. For now I'm curious what it all will bring. We are nog working through the "Your money or your life" book as we speak.

Greetz,

Xan

Quadalupe

Re: New from the Netherlands

Post by Quadalupe »

Welcome here Xan! You'll find a lot of Dutchies here (including me). :) Do you have any short/long goals for yourself with respect to FI?

GandK

Post by GandK »

Welcome!

Xan1979

Post by Xan1979 »

Thank you!

I don't have goals yet. I'm busy working through the book "Your money or your life". That will take a couple of months. After that it will be much more clear what we can safe. I also have to find out how I want to use the safed money.

If all that is clear, than I will come up with some ideas on the near and far future. :)

Hankaroundtheworld

Post by Hankaroundtheworld »

Welcome, missed this Dutchie intro, hope you are doing well, at least you have found the right forum :-)

NickHalden

Post by NickHalden »

Welkom! I am also from the Netherlands and I have only recently joined this forum as well. I just embarked on this ERE-journey and I can tell you that even though I barely have a positive net worth it feels great to work towards a clear goal. A goal more feasible than working until 70 years old that is.