Hello from Denmark!

Say hello!!
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Hello from Denmark!

Post by jacob »

The day after, it's still in the top #5 and still on the front page.

I'm surprised by the popularity of this subject but moreso by the reader reaction which has been overwhelmingly positive (the later comments/shares get more positive) with only a minority of complainypants (standard issues). In particular, I was expecting a lot more of the "everybody has a duty to work according to their ability", but I've only seen a single one and this one received immediate kickback that "surely life is not all about working all the time just to consume---that there must be other things worth living for". On top of that, I only saw three comments complaining that life must be boring without iThings, etc. This is far far less than the typical US response. Now I'm wondering whether the cultural effect in terms of ERE-acceptance is stronger than I believed.

Ego

Post by Ego »

"Concepts like despite their importance has been conspicuous by their almost total absence in the Danish education system," says Jacob Lund Fisker.

School education began to bore him already in 2nd grade, at age 17 he invented a new religion, taught himself the theory of relativity and decided to study physics and mathematics at university. While he completed his Ph.D. on Nuclear explosions on the surface of neutron stars, he began to read about consumption patterns and financial systems. Something that made him distance himself from 00s consumer society
Please tell me it was Lentifarianism.

That was the best ending imaginable for the article. A intelligent skeptic was converted. Good job!

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

Where do you see the comments? I only see the article itself...

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Facebook

Henri

Post by Henri »

Hi Rune :-)

Welcome. I'm danish also. Hope that we will be able to help each out :-)

Henrik