Hello from Brazil

Say hello!!
bauhauss

Hello from Brazil

Post by bauhauss »

Hello guys!

I'm finally a forum registered member, and I'm a reader for almost 4 years. I've started investing in financial market in 2009, after reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I'm a very pacient and persistent guy, and even in Brazil, where we're facing a political and economical crisis, I'm confident in myself and in my carreer field (Civil Engineer). I'm 31 y.o. now, engaged in a long term relationship with a very special woman, frugal (in my terms :) ) and avid to soon achieve my financial independency.

shade-tree

Re: Hello from Brazil

Post by shade-tree »

Hi bauhauss, nice to hear from Brazil.
I just read recently that the interest rates for some credit cards in Brazil are 14% to 17% per month, which is something like paying over 400% APR. Thats crazy high--I hope you don't have any credit card debts to pay!

(That APR seems so high, I'm citing the source where I read it)
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7203076? ... ref=brazil

bauhauss

Post by bauhauss »

Hi shade-tree,

I'm proud that in my 31 y.o. of existence, I've never had a credit card. I have a debit card only. But I know that we're few down here, in Brazil.
Brazil is the country of high taxes of inflation, bureaucracy, robbery, thievery and all types of corruption. The average interest rates are 10~11% per month. The cheapest taxes are offered by the national public bank, Caixa Econômica Federal (CEF), who's about 10% per month. That's "accredited loan shark".

bfonsec

Post by bfonsec »

Hello Bauhaus. I am from Brasil too.
Also, I am an engineer.
I started to read ERE 3 years ago, but never checked the forums.
I hope to retire in 9 years, before I reach my 40´s.