Greetings from Denmark

Say hello!!
wizards

Post by wizards »

Hi all,
I discovered this great site and the forum a few months ago.

For a start I just wanted to say thanks for all the great info available here.
Haven’t read the ERE book yet – but will definably put it on my wish list :) – unfortunately the book isn’t available in any Danish library.
Fun fact, early retirement in Danish is equal to some sort of disability insurance given to younger people who for one reason or another aren’t capable of care of them self. I believe Jacob did mention this in an earlier post, so my intention is primarily to make a point that there isn’t much information on this subject in Danish. As a matter of fact I have never met any Dane who shared my goal of “Early Retirement”…
I am thinking about putting up a journal about my road to financial freedom / ERE – I am currently approximately 5½ years away from this – but hopefully I will be able to shorten this.
And for the record – M34, living with my girlfriend, no children and working in finance/accounting.

frugaladventurer

Post by frugaladventurer »

Greetings! Congratulations on your goal of financial independence!

Do you plan on having any children? (Check out Mr Money Mustache's blog for an example of a family with a child doing this).

And - what are your dreams for how to spend your time after financial independence? (I always think this is useful to consider, because maybe there is a way to enjoy some of those dreams right now).

wizards

Post by wizards »

Thank you.
We are planning for children. My ERE budget is based upon us having two children.
As my GF (29) will not be able to retire as early as I am, my plan is to find a schedule which takes this into account. At the moment I’m thinking something like one third reading, one third exercise and one third other stuff.
Reading – I do try to read a lot, but not enough.
Exercise – I would love to bicycle more and to get in better shape. Still haven’t found a good form of exercise to practice in wintertime (don’t like the Danish winter).
Other stuff - This would include investments, helping friends and family with different kinds of financial/accounting issues, maybe some consulting jobs, learning new skills – to be decided :)
And of course if we are blessed with children, I guess this will take up a lot of my time as well.
I have read a few posts at MMM – truly inspiring.

kongloui

Re: Greetings from Denmark

Post by kongloui »

I have never met a dane who is comitting to ERE, and i really love the idea.

I'am from denmark myself, please contact me on Louilam at hotmail dot com
I would love to hear how your ERE plans looks like.

All the best, Loui.