Another Iowa cat

Say hello!!
jj

Post by jj »

Love Jacob's site so I thought I'd say hello. Hope to participate some but it's difficult with the wage-slave thing every day.

HSpencer

Post by HSpencer »

@jj
Welcome aboard. We think you will find something on here of interest.

JohnnyH

Post by JohnnyH »

Luckily my wage slavery puts me in front of a computer. :)

But there are days where I would love not to be.
If you have a computer, but locked down internet you could download the forums at home and bring to work! ;)

Ralphy

Post by Ralphy »

Hello from another Iowan! Hope you stayed dry during the recent floods.

jj

Post by jj »

I'm in front of the computer every day, too, but workload can make it difficult to participate. My three-year old is waiting in the wings after work is over, so there's very little time during the "off hours".
Ralphy, we've been fortunate to dodge the water/flooding bullet. Many others have not been so lucky. Between 2008 and this year, what a bummer...
I really appreciate the interaction with like-minded individuals. It can be very difficult to find folks who share the same philosophy in everyday life. I am a member of the early retirement forum, too. The base of knowledge there is tremendous.

Marius

Post by Marius »

Welcome jj!
@JohnnyH "If you have a computer, but locked down internet you could download the forums at home and bring to work! ;)"
Yes, a lot of visits to earlyretirementextreme.com doesn't make a good impression if our employer decides to take a look at the log files.
Maybe there should be an alternative domain name that we can use to access the site from work, something like efficientbusiness.com or something? ;-)

Ralphy

Post by Ralphy »

"Maybe there should be an alternative domain name that we can use to access the site from work, something like efficientbusiness.com or something? ;-) "
Like the kids say, LOL.