Hello from New York, NY

Say hello!!
rsolomon

Post by rsolomon »

Hello Everyone,
My name is Rodney and I am the Founder and CEO of The BLOC Initiative based in NY. The goal of TBI is to create a platform for the free exchange of skills and services while fostering positive change within the community. TBI provides budget-minded individuals, students, and small business owners free and easy access to an organized database of essential and valuable resources and services. It is an easy system to use. Individuals offer their service (from a profession, hobby, education, or life experience) at their own convenience, in exchange for access to all other services provided by other members. In addition, small business owners can provide their service in exchange for BLOC Credits that can be used to access services essential for the operation of their business. TBI gives participants the ability to save cash, utilize resources, maximize efficiency, promote a business, and build an extensive network, while at the same time, building community…all without monetary dependency.
We are in the beginning stages of development, but currently have 140 members providing everything from Occupational Therapy to Tennis Lessons, Web Design to Gardening Advice.
I am new to the Early Retirement Extreme community, but feel it's topics and posts resemble the sense of self-sufficiency and community building embodied in The BLOC Initiative. I look forward to a continued dialogue.
Happy posting,
Rodney Solomon

The BLOC Initiative, LLC.

www.thenewyorkbloc.com

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

@Rodney - Also see the skills barter topic we've been discussing.