greetings from (gardening) zone 6

Say hello!!
GetLaidOff

Post by GetLaidOff »

Hello all!
I'm excited to see the forums Jacob. If I'm any indication, many of us long-time lurkers will now likely emerge from the woodwork.
I look forward to meeting more of you all, and hearing everyone's unique story. As for me, I recently turned 32, and was recently laid off. Forced early retirement; you gotta love that! Quite some time ago I had grasped the absolute idiocy of 30-year mortgages and the consumption lifestyle. Knowing I was fully vested in retirement accounts and that I was due a severance package, I almost had to keep from smiling as my boss conveyed the "bad news."
Having said that, I'll probably seek some employment for about 3 more years to fully fund the ERE. But in a great sense my experience was a strong confirmation of the sanity of my ERE way of life. I do feel a bit sorry for those that were laid off and at the same time saddled with huge mortgages, multiple car payments, "nice" furniture, and little savings. But you know, there is another way!
I don't see any posts in the transportation section yet, but I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts/recommendations on good commuting/city bikes. I'm currently looking at a used Van Dessel Superfly. What's your favorite commuter bike?

Ralphy

Post by Ralphy »

Count me in as an emerging lurker :)...I think I wrote one comment in the 2+ years that I followed Jacob's blog.